Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Website Tool, Weebly

-- Weebly is an online tool for creating a website. The website that it allows you to create is very simple and is more of the type of learning website rather than communication type of website.

-- Weebly is a great tool to use if you want to make a basic website page easily. I made a Weebly as an ideal project that I could potentially use with my future class. The idea that I had with making a Weebly was to study a topic (i used the solar system), allow the students to create internet/technology based projects, and post them on the website to show their knowledge of the topic. I didn't go much into detail with the project; however, I got the gist of how to use it. The tool is very simple to use. All you do is pick what kind of layout you want, and drag it to the screen and begin typing. It allows you to put videos, rss feeds, pictures, music, information, etc. on the webpage. You can make different pages to go to. For example, I made a "activities" page, and an "assessment" page. I found it very useful for what I wanted to create.

-- The website allows students to show how much they have learned about a topic and present their knowledge. It's a great effective and efficient tool for the students. It allows learning to be fun as well as makes students want to learn about a topic. There are activities and assessments for others to test and put to play their knowledge they have learned on the topic. It is also easy for teachers to create if they wanted to make a webpage for a subject for their class or for themselves.

-- Here is a link to my Weebly as well as a YouTube video for further information on the website creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment