Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Timeline




-- I just created a timeline on Microsoft Word. The timeline that I created was for a Personal Development Goal that I created. I wanted to put my skills to the test, and see what I could create on Microsoft Word. I was able to make a timeline on the topic of "Space".
-- I thought the timeline was definitely something that I could use as a future teacher, or something that my future students could do. I know, there are probably millions of templates for a timeline out on the internet; however, I thought it would be a good skill tester to find out how to create timelines on the computer doing it how I wanted. The timeline was pretty simple; however, it did take a little bit of time to create. I also had to refer to other websites for help on doing it. I use Microsofts webpage for assistance (http://www.microsoft.com/education/TimelinesWord.mspx). It was a great way to start off with some help, and then once I got a hold of what I was trying to accomplish, I was able to do it by myself, anyway I thought of. I definitely think that kids could use this. It would be a effective and efficient way of creating timelines. Students will find a new way to create a boring project like a time line, and make it fun on the computer. You can directly add pictures instead of cut and paste, and you can make it however you want to. I can also see myself as a teacher creating timelines for my class on a certain topic. I would definitely do this again.
-- Here is my final timeline that I created. Please refer to the Microsoft Website above if you are interested in creating a timeline on Microsoft but need a little help.


No comments:

Post a Comment